General Return Policies
- Previous-model products and custom-built computers are not returnable. Returns must be completed within seven (7) days of receipt.
- Returns require proof of purchase. If you have misplaced your computer receipt, please contact the Digital Duck. A receipt lookup may be requested for a $10 fee.
- If the product is not defective, returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee. Defective Apple products may be exchanged for a full refund within 7 days of purchase with a verified Apple Support Case number. Contact Apple at 1-800-800-2775 to request an Apple Support Case Number. After 7 days of purchase, defective issues must be handled through Apple. Defective iPods must be handled directly through Apple. Contact 1-800-800-2775 for Apple support.
- No returns are allowed on opened software, RAM or iPods.
- Returned products must include all packing materials, manuals, blank warranty cards and all accessories that came with original packaging.
- Returned items must be in a resalable condition.
- Opened media is not returnable unless defective. Media includes, but is not limited to, memory cards, flash memory, RAM, external hard drives.
- Calculators are returnable if unopened or defective within 7 days of receipt.
- Opened in-ear style headphones and earbuds are not returnable.
If you decide to cancel a special order you will be subject to a cancellation fee of 20% of the total order amount.
For Dell Equipment
Dell products may be returned Monday – Friday only if inoperable upon first use. The Duck Store MUST be contacted about inoperable upon first use status within 7 days of your Dell purchase.
For Adobe Student + Teach Edition Software
Adobe CLP licensing and Student and Teacher Edition licensing is not returnable under any circumstances. Please contact Adobe for software licensing support at 1-800-443-8158.
For SPSS Software
SPSS software may be returned within 30 days of purchase if proven defective.
For Microsoft University Box products
This software may be returned within 7 days, with receipt, if unopened. Opened software is not returnable.
For Microsoft Select Student products
Licensing is not returnable unless defective.
For E-reader products (including Nook and Kobo e-readers): Defective e-readers are not returnable to The Duck Store. All defective e-readers must be exchanged through the manufacturer warranty.
For OEM products (including Microsoft and Parallels software)
OEM products are NOT returnable unless defective.
For camera products (including GoPro hardware)
Camera returns must be completed within seven (7) days of purchase. Registered products are not returnable. Return items must include ALL packaging material, literature and unmarked warranty card. Product that is not in original condition is subject to a re-stocking fee.
Camera accessories may be returned within 30 days of purchase unless otherwise marked on product package. Film and photographic paper are NOT returnable.
For Merchant Gift Cards
Returns are not allowed on activated cards.
For Nexus 7 tablets
Nexus 7 returns must be completed within seven (7) days of purchase and unopened for a full refund. Open returns will be subject to a 20% restocking fee and must be accompanied by all packaging materials and literature. Defective Nexus 7 products are not returnable to the Duck Store. Repairs and replacement of defective units must be handled by ASUS at 510-739-3777.
For Microsoft Surface products
Microsoft Surface returns must be completed within seven (7) days of purchase and unopened. Opened Microsoft Surface products may be returned Monday-Friday ONLY if inoperable upon first use. The Duck Store must be contacted about inoperable upon first use status within 7 days of your purchase. All other repair needs shall be serviced through